Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another Entry form Wylie-World

So, Tim had arranged for the son of one of his swim-buddies to come and move some dirt around in our backyard last Saturday. This was to happen while Tim was at swim early in the morning. I knew about the arrangement, but Wylie did not.

Early Saturday, I came downstairs to go out for my run. Wylie was already up watching some television. He looks at me--not particularly scared or bothered--and warns:

"Mom, there's a guy in our backyard".

Me: "Well, how do you know?"

Wylie: "I saw him. He's got a shovel. Mom, I think he's a...a dirt burglar".

Me: (suppressing laughter) "Really. A dirt burglar. Why do you think that?"

Wylie: "Well, he's got that shovel and he's digging up dirt and putting it into a bucket and carrying it around the corner...."

Now, I don't know about you, but I've never met, nor read, nor imagined dirt burglary...but, in these days and times, you never know. Still, in the mind of a 10 year old Aspergery-boy, it makes perfect sense.

No comments: