Thursday, July 17, 2008

T.G.I.F.


Thank God Its Family....Camp!


Next Friday!


I can hardly wait! Our church plant, Solid Ground Christian Fellowship, is sponsoring our very first family camp at the Oaks (http://www.theoakscamp.org/) in Lake Hughes, CA. This is a gorgeous little piece of property tucked up behind the mountains north of LA. World Impact partners with the Oaks to provide outdoor education and spiritual formation for inner-city youth all year round.


By camping at The Oaks, part of that income stream will flow to World Impact and their important work can continue.


McKenna and I enjoyed her 5th grade science camp at The Oaks; it was life-changing for the kids and for me. I was so impressed with the staff (and happy we will see the Meidals and the Arbuckles again), the programming, the beautiful space, the night hike, the zip line, the simplicity of being away from our normal environment...I could not wait to bring a group back.


Two years and two months later, we return!

No comments: