Friday, July 18, 2008

Wylie Hears a Who

Yesterday, as I was getting ready to go into the pool, Wylie comes into our room and says:

"Mom, thanks for saving me from not existing".

As you might imagine, that statement gave me pause.

After a moment, I asked "What do you mean"?

Wylie went on to explain that some people save dogs from going to the pound. And, since I agreed to give birth to Wylie, I saved him from "not exisiting". And, he was quite grateful.

This brought to my mind the line from the Dr. Seuss book (and film we saw earlier this year):

"A person's a person no matter how small".....

At the risk of misunderstanding Wylie, I think it's fairly clear that he is pro-life...

1 comment:

Kindra said...

Wow!!! That is an incredible statement and one to share with the Pro-Lifers...that could even be on bumper stickers!!! :) Out of the mouths of babes, huh?? ~ Kin