Monday, August 4, 2008

All Creatures of...

"...our God and King...lift up your voice and with us sing..."
As the old hymn goes.

Well, this morning after my run, I escaped to the backyard to cool down and read some a psalm or two. As I rounded the first deck chair I saw the form of a large insect out of the corner of my eye. My first instinct was to jump back (we've had more than our share of spiders this summer)...but, then I saw more clearly what kind of insect it was.

A praying mantis.

This brought a smile to my face. And, definitely set the tone for my thirty minutes of reflection. Next, I turned to Psalm 138 and started to read. Randomly ( or not?) this psalm contains the line we sang yesterday in our worship set at Solid Ground...

"For great is the glory of the Lord" (see Vicky Beeching's song of the same title).

There was more than one praying bug out there today.

Al-le-lu.......ia.

No comments: